WHO WE ARE:
Community Food Connections (CFC) is a 501c3 non-profit organization established in 2002 with a focus on growing strong communities, healthy food, healthy families and healthy farms. We work to improve access to healthy food in underserved areas through expanding outlets for and production of local food. Our programs create jobs, support micro-enterprise development and build family self-sufficiency.
Community Food Connections, the 501c3 non-profit organization that manages the Phoenix Public Market’s Urban Grocery and Wine Bar, is looking to hire a Store Manager who is community oriented, locally focused and results driven. This position will lead daily operations for the Urban Grocery and Wine Bar, including product merchandising, sales and discounts and manage grocery store up to 10 staff and 6 volunteers. Additionally, this position reports to the CFC Executive Director and will also be responsible for presenting quarterly reports to the CFC Board of Directors. The Urban Grocery and Wine Bar is located adjacent to the outdoor Phoenix Public Market and includes a local product-focused grocery, wine bar and dine in/take out cafe.
PRIMARY/ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures on a daily basis that the store is open and staffed appropriately, the store is clean, inventory levels are appropriate and equipment is working properly.
- Maintains store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Supervises the day to day activities of grocery store employees and volunteers and assigns responsibilities for specified work.
- Maintains store staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Solicits customer feedback to understand customer needs and the needs of the local community.
- Utilizes management information tools and analyzes financial reports to identify and address trends and issues in store performance.
- Ensures that supplies are stocked for kitchen and grocery use on a weekly basis, i.e. bags, plates, spices etc., including picking up several food orders that are not delivered on a weekly basis.
- Monitors and maintains all quality control records, to include ensuring quality assurance and loss prevention policies and procedures are being adhered to.
- Maintains effective communication and positive employee relations by ensuring employee activities are performed in a timely and professional manner, to include performance reviews, progressive discipline and resolving associate relations issues.
- Is able to encourage and recruit volunteers from the community to fill in staffing needs on a regular basis.
- Provides the highest quality of customer service to the customers at all times, to include ensuring the proper training of all staff and volunteers to ensure customer satisfaction and product quality.
- Supports and enhances working relationships with community partners, board members and the community.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION:
- Enthusiastic and motivated self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for community building and ability to work with local food producers.
- More than five years of experience in small grocery management including management of staff.
- History of successful dry goods and perishable inventory management and a proven record of growing sales.
- A strong, results driven customer service focus.
- Knowledge of tracking budget expenses and pricing strategies.
- Superior vendor relationships skills and verbal communication.
- Team member motivation and hands-on management experience.
- Working with non-profit organizations and start-up micro-businesses.
- Penchant to support local food producers.
- Prepared food/restaurant/bar experience.
- Bookkeeping experience.
- Proficiency with software applications: QuickBooks, Cash Register Express, MS Word and Excel.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. minimum on a regular basis.
- Must have valid Arizona driver’s license (own vehicle also preferred).
- Must be available for flexible work hours as needed.
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter to Jody Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org.