Become a Friend of the Market
With your donation to Community Food Connections and the Phoenix Public Market, you are supporting local small businesses, independent artisans, and Arizona agriculture.
Your financial contribution today helps the Phoenix Public Market benefit local farmers and producers, the local economy, consumers and community revitalization efforts through:
- Helping low-income families to buy fresh locally grown fruits and vegetables;
- Providing a resource guide promoting nutrition services at farmers’ markets;
- Sustaining Arizona’s agricultural bounty and heritage;
- Supporting the local economy;
- Growing the Phoenix Public Market, adding to revitalization efforts and providing opportunity for neighborhood businesses;
- Showcasing local farmers;
- Connecting school cafeterias with farmers and providing children with access to healthy, nutritious and delicious local food.
Fresh and Local
Open since February 2005, the Market is a natural gathering place that celebrates neighborhoods and the neighbors. It offers an eclectic high-quality mix of:
- Fresh in-season fruits and vegetables, produce, flowers, jams,
baked goods, dried beans, free-range eggs and honey
- Live plants and unique local arts and crafts
- Tasty hot foods, music and more
The Phoenix Public Market:
- Creates new and alternative outlets for Arizona growers and producers.
- Expands access to nutritious and locally produced foods for low-income children and adults.
- Brings new destinations and neighborhood retail and expanded pedestrian linkages.
- Meets escalating consumer demands for fresh and locally-produced foods.
Builds local wealth, jobs and a revitalized community hub for residents of the community in which the Market is located.
- Leverages resources for community-based organizations and other food and business related groups.
- Returns the Market area to its historic role as a distribution area for Arizona produce/food brokers.
Your contribution to Community Food Connections is tax deductible.