Support the Phoenix Public Market
Supporting the Phoenix Public Market, a program of Community Food Connections, helps create community around the wonderful food produced here in Arizona.
Or checks may be written and mailed to:
Community Food Connections, P.O. Box 22216, Phoenix, AZ 85028
Our non-profit works to improve access to healthy food in underserved areas. Our initiatives expand outlets for and production of local food, create jobs and build family self-sufficiency. The Phoenix Public Market is a program of Community Food Connections that focuses on ensuring that small Arizona farmers, ranchers and food producers are able to survive and grow so that you, our customers, can enjoy healthy, safe, local food in a wonderful community gathering space.
Much has happened since our opening on a rainy day in February 2005:
- Small Arizona farmers and micro businesses supported by Community Food Connections at the Phoenix Public Market grew from 14 to 83
- Sales for the micro businesses at the Open Air Market climbed from $320,000 to $1.2 million. This has helped many small businesses survive the recession.
- Opened the Urban Grocery and Wine Bar to showcase Arizona producers five days a week.
- Went from a few dozen customers a week to 3,000 a week
- Created one of the most welcoming community gathering spaces in the Valley
- Finished the revamping of the Open Air Market lot including more shade, misting and electricity for you, our customers, and refrigeration for vendors.
These are all accomplishments that we are very proud of, but the biggest success for us is to see all of you at the Market buying delicious local food, meeting up with family and friends and enjoying our community. We set the table for you to enjoy!
While it may look fairly simple to put all of this together, it entails a huge amount of work and expense. Interestingly, the Market attracts more people than many of the major cultural institutions in downtown Phoenix, yet raising funds to support our small organization remains very difficult. We need your help!
Please support Community Food Connections so that we can continue what has become a local tradition. Think about supporting the organization with a dollar (or more) for each time you come to shop. If you come once a month, consider a $12 annual donation, or $52 if you shop weekly. It is only through your support that we will be able to continue. Thank you for your help.